Sunday, August 22, 2010

Priesthood Power

I taught a lesson on the priesthood, or the authority of God given to man to act in His name. My preparation for the lesson was edifying. It caused me to think of my own experiences with the priesthood power. I am incredibly grateful for the priesthood in my life. I have been blessed by its power. Oftentimes I feel a very direct love from my Heavenly Father through the priesthood. In a talk given by Elder Dallin H. Oaks he says, "As a boy and as a man I have seen healings as miraculous as any recorded in the scriptures, and so have many of you." The power of God is real! Miracles can and do happen!
As I was preparing, 1 Corinthians 11:11 kept entering my mind. The verse may seem unrelated to the priesthood authority but I couldn't help but think how much we need each other! Equally as good is Genesis 2:18. I love the scriptures! I love the word of God! There is so much to be gained!

No comments: