Thursday, August 12, 2010

Greenhouse


My calla lily bulb never grew. So, I made a trip to the local nursery for an already growing calla lily. I ended up buying the only calla lily left. My bulb was supposed to be a red calla lily. It would have looked awesome with my red and brown color scheme in my room but alas the calla lily I purchased is white. I'm still super excited! It has a white spotted leaf which will look really awesome when the calla lilies bloom!
This past weekend I was spent some time with my dad. I found out that when he was young, his favorite flower was the calla lily. How cool that, at least for some time, my dad and I shared a favorite flower?!
Anyway, I never thought I was one for gardens. I appreciate beautiful gardens but was never interested in devoting much time to cultivating plants. A few years ago I decided that I wanted a plant. I've always liked the idea of having green draping plants hanging over bookshelves. So, I bought a plant which would make my library complete.
A few years later, I have four plants! My bedroom is going to become a greenhouse!

No comments: