I never thought I would say this but it is fun to be poor! Years ago I remember telling my dad that I wanted to be wealthy enough that I would never have to worry about money. He basically told me that it wasn't a realistic expectation and that the majority of people worry about finances.
Because of a large move and big changes in my life I have been really strapped monetarily. And I must admit I'm rather enjoying myself! My new living arrangement is rather small. Because of the size I need to be very efficient with my space. Since moving I've wanted to get a dresser. I've been perusing furniture stores, thrift stores, and garage sales for a few weeks. Every item I saw in thrift stores just looked nasty. Today I finally found the perfect dresser! Perfect in price: $35 (including tax)!!! Now one may not look at this dresser and think it looks perfect. It's pressed wood. It isn't stained, painted, or anything else. It's just plain and simple! There is nothing fancy about it! But this is the best part of all! When I saw this dresser it was kind of like seeing an incredible piece of fabric that you can't help but envision making into the perfect article of clothing! My creative juices began flowing. It's enthralling!
I'm so excited for my next project, my dresser! By the time I'm finished with it, it will look awesome! Well, hopefully it will! This is going to be my first furniture project so we'll see how it goes. But in my mind, this dresser is going to be incredible!
No comments:
Post a Comment