Monday, November 16, 2009

The pursuit of the good luck card

Last week I went to Hallmark in pursuit of a good luck card. I searched the aisles. To my dismay I discovered hundreds of birthday, congratulations, wedding, and thinking of you cards but very few good luck cards. The few which I could find weren't applicable for my situation. I was feeling frustrated and hopeless. Then from a distance, I saw a zebra print card. As I approached I noticed that it was a blank card and the black stripes were fuzzy. All three aspects of the card were perfect for the recipient and situation. I was thrilled I had found the "perfect" good luck card and was impressed that it was better than I could have planned.
The parable of the good luck card is parallel to my life. . . Even though my life is in a bit of disarray right now I have hope that it will turn out better than I can plan. Heavenly Father is in charge. And as I make the effort to walk up and down the aisles I will find the "perfect" life, or at least one better than I could have planned.

No comments: