Monday, November 30, 2009

Boxes

Upon returning home from a trip a few months ago I felt impressed that I had accomplished what I needed to in my current location. It was time to move on. This impression came as a surprise since when I moved here a year and a half ago, I fully intended on being here for at least 5 years. My life here has been very good and I wasn't looking for a change. However, when promptings come, it's important to heed them!
For a month, I prayed and fasted as to where I should move next. Ironically, while at work, the distinct prompting came that I needed to return to my last location. I knew this wasn't my own thought because I had no desire to return. I immediately began looking into jobs. Two months later, all that has transpired is one phone interview which didn't go that well. It is incredibly frustrating! I feel like I'm doing my very best to follow Heavenly Father's direction but nothing is coming from my effort. I prayed and fasted countless times seeking further guidance and direction. It's always difficult to step into the darkness, having faith that Heavenly Father will provide the way!
I have tried to show my faith through making the steps necessary to move, despite the lack of a job in my new location. Two weeks ago I began packing. This weekend my replacement for my housing contract moved in (yet I'm still here). Last night I received a mass email asking if anyone needed moving boxes. (I used all those I had and need more boxes.) As frustrating as my situation is, I felt that this man's offer to give boxes was a tender mercy of the Lord! I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of me, my situation, and my frustrations. He doesn't want me to lose hope. So, he gives me small reminders that He is apart of my life. I know He loves me!

No comments: