When I was in high school, my scrawny brother decided that he no longer wanted to be picked on physically and emotionally for being small and chose to change his physique. He began to body build. One may ask "Why go to the opposite extreme?!" But it's what he wanted and he gave everything to attain his goal. During this period of his life he had pinned on his bedroom wall a quote attributed to Elder Richard G. Scott which read, "To reach a goal you have never attained, you must do things you have never before done." It's a beautiful concept! So often we desire to become better, to attain specific goals but would prefer that the success fall into our lap. Anything worth acquiring takes effort, lots of it!
For years I have wanted to lose weight. From time to time I put forth a little more effort and then I give up. Why?! I know that I won't attain my goal without valiant effort but it's so easy to give into complacency. Not any more! About two months ago I decided that my goal requires my complete effort. I have changed my tactic. I realized that any good goal is worthy of asking for heavenly assistance. So, I've done just that. For over two months I have fasted weekly for the heavenly assistance I need in reaching my goal. And I have made a stronger personal effort to do everything I know to live a healthier life. Not that it's been easy but it has been beautiful! I have seen the Lord's hand in my life. I have also recognized how the Adversary attempts to thwart my goals. And I have learned that through the Lord all things are possible. So, over half way to my goal I thank my Heavenly Father for His love, guidance, and direction!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment