What causes us to believe it is going to be a good or bad day? Many times we make this assumption before anything significant has happened in the day. . . This morning I stopped at a gas station on my way to work. Over the loud speaker was John Denver. I don't hear John Denver very often and it made me think of home. At that moment I decided that it was going to be a good day. A few minutes later when I arrived at work, I found a good parking spot. Wow! How could my day get any better?! The rest of my day went well probably because I chose to have a good day.
Shouldn't we choose to have good days every day?! We can choose to find good "signs" and hold onto them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your post reminded me of a quote that's kind of on the same lines of choosing how we're going to live the day... Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley said, "You look in the mirror every morning- When you boys get up to scrape off the fuzz and you girls get up to put on the paint- Look into the mirror and say 'I can do the right thing today, God be my helper and I will do it.'"
Post a Comment