Thursday, July 2, 2009
The Beauty of Knowing
How does one thank people who do more for us than we can even comprehend?! I have no idea! Sometimes there are those in life who know exactly what we need. They can read us so clearly that everything about us is open. This can be a little scary; there is no way to hide the facets of ourselves which we don't like. But there is beauty in knowing someone's soul and loving them for all that they are: good and bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's so true! And I think utterly terrifying. It seems as if to be known in that way you have to take a risk, you have to trust. This implies that you do not know for sure that the receiver will accept the good with the bad. But if you do not try you never know. I like how you call it the 'beauty of knowing.' I think you're right...it's the mixture that makes it beautiful; the truth, the whole, or perhaps the privilege of knowing the whole - the trust given becomes a precious gift. And I think it is even more beautiful when it happens on both ends of a relationship. A precious gift shared.
Post a Comment